Renowned for its beautiful scenery and villages in bloom, the Mount Hereford region has 12 km of remarkable mountain walking trails with the Neil-Tillotson Hiking Trail. Access is free and the trail is accessible in winter for mountain snowshoeing and intermediate level, off-trail cross-country skiing. Hikers headed for the summit will come across balsam fir trees, streams cascading down slopes, and the Donat Falls. The summit provides a view of the American mountains and valleys before heading back down towards one of two access points to the trail: East Hereford and Saint-Herménégilde. Closed during hunting season. Call prior to leaving home.
Activities and services
- Number of trails 2
- Total length (km) 12
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Difficulty level: Intermediate
- Arrival 557, Coaticook Road in East Hereford
- Departure 557, Coaticook Road in East Hereford
- Characteristics Evergreens, streams, falls. View of American mountains and valleys. Bird-watching and snowshoeing.
- Picnic areas
- Dogs permitted on leash
- Downloadable trail map (URL address) Trail map
- Trail maps available onsite
- Open year-round
- Exceptions to the regular schedule Closed during hunting season.
- Closed during hunting season
- Entrance free
Maps and nearest interest points
Mont Hereford / Neil-Tillotson Hiking Trail