This 50-m deep gorge can be observed from atop the world's longest suspended footbridge (169 m). It is surrounded by over 20 km of trails. Along one of the trails, admire a replica of a large circular barn typical of the Eastern Townships and a covered bridge. Admire a panoramic view of the Appalachian Mountains from the two observation towers. Various activities are offered year-round.
Activities and services
- Tourist signs
Access for people with restricted physical ability
- Tourist and leisure companion
- Detailed schedule May to June 24: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; June 24 - Labour Day: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Labour Day - Nov.: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Detailed rates Variable according to activities.
- Group rates available
Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing
Come discover our great snowshoeing trails and see nature at its best; cross meadows, streams, a sugarshack and deer.
Crossing the Coaticook gorge at a height of 50 metres, the suspended bridge is the major attraction at Parc de la Gorge de Coaticook. Along the three loops that vary between 3 and 10 km, you’ll come across two observation towers, a cave, a dam, a working hydro-electric plant, waterfalls, a round barn, a flower garden, not to mention the majestic Coaticook River gorge. Take advantage of its amazing landscapes to enjoy a picnic with your family, take a romantic stroll, or share unforgettable moments with friends. Ask about our trail activities!
The Parc de la Gorge de Coaticook offers educational horseback riding excursions of one or two hours in the heart of the park. Take a ramble around the mountain, through the woods and across the fields. See our white-tailed deer and do a bit of bird-watching.
Mountain bike enthusiasts, come enjoy the Parc de la Gorge with its 20.5 km of trails for all levels of difficulty. From beginner, intermediate and expert levels, climbs and descents offer several challenges. Recognized by mountain bikers, discover three loops of pure pleasure with panoramic views that will take your breath away. Bike rental available.
Wonderful location to spend time with the family. Two slopes with lifts, snowshoeing and skating. Open during winter, weekends and holidays. Sliding by reservation on week days.
This establishment is also listed in...
Wooded, calm and enchanting. This campground is the ideal place for your stay in the Coaticook area. Outdoor pool, hiking, horseback riding and fishing are sure to make your stay ......
Maps and nearest interest points
Parc de la Gorge de Coaticook
- Vallée de la Coaticook Christmas Markets – Craft Show 1.4 km (0.84 mi)
- Vallée de la Coaticook Christmas Markets – Waterville Choirs 1.5 km (0.96 mi)
- Foire aux citrouilles 5.2 km (3.22 mi)
- Evening Market in Compton 11.0 km (6.83 mi)
- Les Comptonales 11.0 km (6.83 mi)
- Hatley Canada Day Celebration 11.7 km (7.24 mi)
- Verger Le Gros Pierre Christmas Markets 13.0 km (8.07 mi)