This 50-m deep gorge can be observed from atop of the longest suspended footbridge in North America (169 m). It is surrounded by over 20 km of trails. Along one of the trails, admire a replica of a large circular barn typical of the Eastern Townships and a covered bridge. Admire a panoramic view of the Appalachian Mountains from the two observation towers. Various activities are offered year-round (snowshoeing, skating, snow biking, Yukigassen, etc.). Campground, mini farm, mountain biking and Foresta Lumina, night-illuminated path.
Activities and services
- Free access to Wi-Fi
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Tourist signs
Access for people with restricted physical ability
- Tourist and leisure companion
- Schedule May to November and December to March.
- Detailed schedule May to June 22: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; June 23 - Labour Day: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Labour Day - Nov.: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Entrance with fee
- Detailed rates Variable according to activities.
- Group rates available
Awards and mentions
- Awards and/or Mentions 2016 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence. 2015 Thea Award "International interactive attraction - limited budget". 2015 Codaworx award. 2015 Canadian Tourism Awards - finalist. 2015 Numix awards - Grand prix.
Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing
Snowshoeing at Parc de la Gorge provides a real sense of freedom. The 21 km trails connect into 5 loops giving families the opportunity to practice or learn this sport. Visitors will discover the beauty of nature and the diversity of wildlife in the winter. A new 3.5 km trail will allow visitors to conquer the Coaticook Gorge! Snowshoe and crampon rental for adults and children.
This establishment is also listed in...
Wooded, calm and enchanting. The Parc de la Gorge campground is the ideal place for your stay in the Coaticook area. Outdoor pool, hiking, small farm, mountain biking, night illuminated ......
Maps and nearest interest points
- 10 bird-watching sites across the Coaticook region 4.8 km (3.01 mi)
- Camping Parc de la Gorge de Coaticook 0 km (0 mi)
- Loft vue sur le pont 1.0 km (0.60 mi)
- Restaurant Motel La place 1.5 km (0.93 mi)
- Motel L'Exquise 3.2 km (2.02 mi)
- Motel La Source 5.4 km (3.38 mi)
- Le Gîte Chez Marie-Marthe 7.2 km (4.48 mi)
- La Clé des Champs 8.9 km (5.53 mi)
- Le Bocage "Auberge et Restaurant" 10.8 km (6.73 mi)
- Camping de Compton 11.3 km (7.00 mi)
- Gîte du Ranch St-Hubert 11.3 km (7.05 mi)
- Vallée de la Coaticook Christmas Markets – Craft Show 1.4 km (0.84 mi)
- Vallée de la Coaticook Christmas Markets 1.5 km (0.92 mi)
- Coaticook Valley Fair 2.1 km (1.30 mi)
- Festin des Grâces 10.2 km (6.36 mi)
- Foire d'antan 11.0 km (6.80 mi)
- Comptonales 11.0 km (6.83 mi)
- Exposition de voitures anciennes de Compton 11.0 km (6.84 mi)
- Hatley Canada Day Celebration 11.7 km (7.24 mi)
- Foire aux Citrouilles 13.1 km (8.12 mi)
- Verger Le Gros Pierre Christmas Markets 13.1 km (8.12 mi)
- Fishing Festival 14.0 km (8.72 mi)