“Mine Cristal, where sound and crystalline frequencies bring well-being.” A unique geological gem in Canada, Mine Cristal was founded by Gaudry and Pauline Normand in 1989. Mining, tourism, education, cultural presentations and artisanal creations are the five vocations. Their mission is threefold: to protect this enchanting site as a crystal sanctuary, to present mineralogical life to visitors and to make Quebec's quartz crystals accessible. Extracted by hand from their 300-million-year-old massive white quartz vein, the sparkling crystals from this mine are considered to be the among the most beautiful in the world. Activities include guided mine tours, crystal instrument concerts, specialized workshops, rock shop, museum, picnic area, panoramic view.
Activities and services
- Tourist signs
Access for people with restricted physical ability
- Tourist and leisure companion
- Schedule June through September.
- Detailed schedule June to September: weekends, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July and August: Wednesday to Sunday.
- Entrance with fee
- Detailed rates Guided mine tour: Adult: $10. Student, child, senior: $9. Museum and store: free admission.
- Group rates available
Maps and nearest interest points
- Camping Plage McKenzie beach 9.3 km (5.78 mi)
- Lake Fraser beach at the Parc national du Mont-Orford 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Lake Stukely beach at the Parc national du Mont-Orford 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Auberge de la Grande Ligne 5.0 km (3.13 mi)
- La Petite Auberge de Jouvence 6.4 km (3.99 mi)
- Centre de villégiature Jouvence 6.4 km (3.99 mi)
- Camping Normand 9.7 km (6.00 mi)
- Camping Parc national du Mont-Orford, Lac Fraser 10.4 km (6.48 mi)
- Camping Plage McKenzie 10.5 km (6.55 mi)
- Haut Bois Normand 11.7 km (7.30 mi)
- Le Vertendre 13.4 km (8.33 mi)
- Zoobox / Le Vertendre 13.4 km (8.33 mi)
- Le Toit d'Argent 13.6 km (8.45 mi)
- Camping Parc national du Mont-Orford, Lac Stukely 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Le Loft 13.8 km (8.59 mi)
- L'Auberge du Savoir 13.8 km (8.59 mi)
- Camping Leroux 14.2 km (8.79 mi)
- Spa Eastman 14.2 km (8.84 mi)
- Auberge du Centre d'Arts Orford 14.7 km (9.12 mi)
- Parc national du Mont-Orford - Chalet Nature 14.9 km (9.28 mi)