Canada’s unique geological gem, Mine Cristal was founded in 1989 by Gaudry and Pauline Normand. Our vocations are: mining, tourist, educational, cultural and artisanal. Our mission is to protect our beautiful site as a crystal sanctuary, to raise awareness about the mineralogical life of quartz crystals and to make our crystals accessible to the visitors. Extracted by hand in a 300-year-old massive white quartz vein, our crystals are considered to be among the most beautiful in the world. Participate in guided mine tours, crystal instrument concerts, specialized courses, boutique, museum.
Activities and services
- Description Close to Valcourt, this unique home to quartz in Canada offers guided tours of a geological gem. Boutique, museum, picnic area, scenic view. Mini-concerts featuring instruments made entirely of quartz crystal (12 yrs. old and over) every Sunday. Consult our Web site for the schedule.
- Tourist signs
Access for people with restricted physical ability
- Tourist and leisure companion
- Detailed schedule June to September: weekends, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July and August: Wednesday to Sunday. Guided tour: consult our Web site.
- Detailed rates Adult: $10. Student, child, senior: $9.
- Group rates available
Maps and nearest interest points
- Camping Plage McKenzie beach 9.3 km (5.78 mi)
- Lake Fraser beach at the Parc national du Mont-Orford 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Lake Stukely beach at the Parc national du Mont-Orford 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Auberge de la Grande Ligne 5.0 km (3.13 mi)
- La Petite Auberge de Jouvence 6.4 km (3.99 mi)
- Centre de villégiature Jouvence 6.4 km (3.99 mi)
- Camping Normand 9.7 km (6.00 mi)
- Camping Parc national du Mont-Orford, Lac Fraser 10.4 km (6.48 mi)
- Camping Plage McKenzie 10.5 km (6.55 mi)
- Haut Bois Normand 11.7 km (7.30 mi)
- Le Toit d'Argent 13.6 km (8.45 mi)
- Camping Parc national du Mont-Orford, Lac Stukely 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Le Loft 13.8 km (8.59 mi)
- L'Auberge du Savoir 13.8 km (8.59 mi)
- Camping Leroux 14.2 km (8.79 mi)
- Spa Eastman 14.2 km (8.84 mi)
- Auberge du Centre d'Arts Orford 14.7 km (9.12 mi)
- Parc national du Mont-Orford - Chalet Nature 14.9 km (9.28 mi)
- 6.5 km (4.05 mi)
- Valcourt celebrates winter at the J. Armand Bombardier Museum 6.5 km (4.06 mi)
- La Flambée des couleurs 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Orford Festival 14.5 km (9.03 mi)