“Mine Cristal, where sound and crystalline frequencies bring well-being.” A unique geological gem in Canada, Mine Cristal was founded by Gaudry and Pauline Normand in 1989. Mining, tourism, education, cultural presentations and artisanal creations are the five vocations. Their mission is threefold: to protect this enchanting site as a crystal sanctuary, to present mineralogical life to visitors and to make Quebec's quartz crystals accessible. Extracted by hand from their 300-million-year-old massive white quartz vein, the sparkling crystals from this mine are considered to be the among the most beautiful in the world. Activities include guided mine tours, crystal instrument concerts, specialized workshops, rock shop, museum, picnic area, panoramic view.
Activities and services
- Tourist signs
Access for people with restricted physical ability
- Tourist and leisure companion
- Schedule June to September.
- Detailed schedule June and September: weekends, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July and August: Wednesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Consult our Web site for more details.
- Entrance with fee
- Detailed rates Guided visits, concerts and classes: admission fee. Museum and store: free admission. Consult our Web site for more details.
- Group rates available
Awards and mentions
- Awards and/or Mentions TripAdvisor: 2015 Certificate of Excellence (tourist attraction) Portrait des Arts de la Scène in the Val-Saint-François region 2014 (concerts) Portrait des Métiers d'Art In the Val-Saint-François region 2013 (crystal instruments) Camping Caravaning, "The geological jewel in Bonsecours" September 2013 (tourist attraction)
Maps and nearest interest points
- Camping Plage McKenzie beach 9.3 km (5.78 mi)
- Lake Fraser beach at the Parc national du Mont-Orford 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Lake Stukely beach at the Parc national du Mont-Orford 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- La Petite Auberge de Jouvence 6.4 km (3.99 mi)
- Centre de villégiature Jouvence 6.4 km (3.99 mi)
- Camping Normand 9.7 km (6.00 mi)
- Camping Parc national du Mont-Orford Lac Fraser 10.4 km (6.48 mi)
- Camping Plage McKenzie 10.5 km (6.55 mi)
- Haut Bois Normand 11.7 km (7.30 mi)
- Le Vertendre 13.4 km (8.33 mi)
- Zoobox 13.4 km (8.33 mi)
- Le Toit d'Argent 13.6 km (8.45 mi)
- Camping Parc national du Mont-Orford Lac Stukely 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Le Loft 13.8 km (8.59 mi)
- L'Auberge du Savoir 13.8 km (8.59 mi)
- Camping Leroux 14.2 km (8.79 mi)
- Spa Eastman 14.2 km (8.84 mi)
- Auberge du Centre d'Arts Orford 14.7 km (9.12 mi)
- Parc national du Mont-Orford - Chalet Nature 14.9 km (9.28 mi)