Canada’s unique geological gem, Mine Cristal was founded in 1989 by Gaudry and Pauline Normand. Our vocations are: mining, tourist, educational, cultural and artisanal. Our mission is to protect our beautiful site as a crystal sanctuary, to raise awareness about the mineralogical life of quartz crystals and to make our crystals accessible to the visitors. Extracted by hand in a 300-year-old massive white quartz vein, our crystals are considered to be among the most beautiful in the world. Participate in guided mine tours, crystal instrument concerts and specialized courses. Visit the store and the museum; at times, you might see crystal artisans at work!
430, 11e Rang, Bonsecours, Quebec J0E 1H0 (Directions and nearest interest points)
- Access road 243 or 220
- Activities Close to Valcourt, this unique home to quartz in Canada offers guided tours of a geological gem. Boutique, museum, picnic area, scenic view. Mini-concerts featuring instruments made entirely of quartz crystal (12 yrs. old and over) every Sunday. Consult our Web site for the schedule.
- Rates Adult: $10. Student, child, senior: $9.
- Group rates available
- Schedule June to September: weekends, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July and August: Wednesday to Sunday. Guided tour: consult our Web site.
- Tourist signs
- Tourist and leisure companion
- Camping Plage McKenzie beach 9.3 km (5.78 mi)
- Lake Fraser beach at the Parc national du Mont-Orford 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Lake Stukely beach at the Parc national du Mont-Orford 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- Auberge de la Grande Ligne 5.0 km (3.13 mi)
- La Petite Auberge de Jouvence 6.4 km (3.99 mi)
- Centre de villégiature Jouvence 6.4 km (3.99 mi)
- Camping Normand 9.7 km (6.00 mi)
- Camping Parc national du Mont-Orford Lac Fraser 10.4 km (6.48 mi)
- Camping Plage McKenzie 10.5 km (6.55 mi)
- Le Toit d'Argent 13.6 km (8.45 mi)
- Camping Parc national du Mont-Orford Lac Stukely 13.7 km (8.53 mi)
- L'Auberge du Savoir 13.8 km (8.59 mi)
- Camping Leroux 14.2 km (8.79 mi)
- Spa Eastman 14.2 km (8.84 mi)
- SPA Eastman 14.2 km (8.84 mi)
- Auberge du Centre d'Arts Orford 14.7 km (9.12 mi)