Founded in Coaticook’s Centennial year, 1964, the Beaulne Museum took the name of Denise Beaulne (1890-1981) in 1975 to honour a dedicated volunteer that contributed significantly to the museum’s development. It moved in 1976 to the splendid and historic Arthur-Osmore-Norton House, the former family home of a noted industrialist dating back to 1912. The museum specializes in period costumes and textiles, and also features works of art and regional history. Its educational service focuses on students, and the museum is proud to be a vital part of the community, a provincially recognized museum and a must-see for visitors to the region.
Activities and services
Access for people with restricted physical ability
- Partially accessible
- Tourist and leisure companion
- Open year-round
- Exceptions to the regular schedule Open year-round. Closed on Mondays.
- Detailed schedule May 15 – Sept. 15, Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sept. 16 – May 14, Tues. – Sun, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Entrance with fee
- Detailed rates Adult: $7. Student: $3.50. Child (6 yrs old and under): free. Senior: $5. Family : $12.
- Group rates available
Maps and nearest interest points
- 10 bird-watching sites across the Coaticook region 3.1 km (1.92 mi)
- Camping Parc de la Gorge de Coaticook 1.8 km (1.12 mi)
- Motel L'Exquise 1.8 km (1.15 mi)
- Motel La Source 4.2 km (2.64 mi)
- Le Gîte Chez Marie-Marthe 5.7 km (3.57 mi)
- Gîte du Ranch St-Hubert 11.5 km (7.12 mi)
- Le Bocage "Auberge et Restaurant" 12.6 km (7.81 mi)
- Camping de Compton 12.7 km (7.90 mi)
- Gîte Lauzier 14.9 km (9.27 mi)
- Vallée de la Coaticook Christmas Markets – Waterville Choirs 0.3 km (0.17 mi)
- Vallée de la Coaticook Christmas Markets – Craft Show 0.5 km (0.29 mi)
- The Eastern Townships Challenge, Coaticook 1.8 km (1.11 mi)
- Foire aux Citrouilles 6.7 km (4.19 mi)
- Hatley Canada Day Celebration 11.8 km (7.32 mi)
- Foire d'antan 12.5 km (7.75 mi)
- St. Laurent Puts on its Sunday Best 12.5 km (7.76 mi)
- Evening Market in Compton 12.5 km (7.78 mi)
- Les Comptonales 12.5 km (7.78 mi)
- Vallée de la Coaticook Christmas Markets - Expo Art 14.4 km (8.95 mi)
- Verger Le Gros Pierre Christmas Markets 14.5 km (9.03 mi)