1. The “ Romantic gourmet getaway in the Eastern Townships ” contest (herein: the Contest) is sponsored by Tourism Eastern Townships and its partners (herein: the Contest Organizers). The Contest starts on January 23, 2017, and ends on March 3, 2017 at 11:59 p.m, drawing on March 6, 2017 at 10:00 a.m, at the Tourism Eastern Townships office.
2. The Contest is open to all persons 18 years of age and up, with the exception of employees and representatives of Tourism Eastern Townships, its members, their staff, agents and representatives, advertising and promotion firms, suppliers of materials and services related to this Contest, as well as individuals with whom they reside.
How to enter
3. Online registration
3.1. No purchase necessary. Visit www.easterntownships.org , go to the “Contests” section and click on the “Romantic gourmet getaway in the Eastern Townships” link to access the detailed Contest page. Only those registered on the Tourism Eastern Townships Web site are eligible to enter; registration is free. By clicking “Enter Contest” on the Contests page, current subscribers will be asked to identify themselves by entering their username and password. Those not registered on the Tourism Eastern Townships Web site can do so by clicking the “Register” link and by filling out the online registration form. New and current subscribers will be automatically redirected to the Contest page to answer the following skill-testing question: “ Name an Eastern Townships restaurant working with a Chef créateur (creative chef). ‘’
3.2. Entrants must comply with the following conditions, otherwise the Contest Organizers reserve the right to cancel any entries and disqualify the entrant from participating in the Contest.
3.3. Basic Contest registration is limited to one per subscription account. However, the subscriber can choose to fill out the optional field in the Contest form that invites him or her to refer e-mail addresses of third parties. An automatic e-mail invitation to enter the Contest will be sent to each address referred by the participant. A direct link to the Contest page will be included in each e-mail sent. Each address referred that translates into a valid Contest entry will provide the initial subscriber with an additional chance to win.
4. Enter the Romantic gourmet getaway in the Eastern Townships and become eligible for a chance to win 1 of the 2 following prizes, for a total value of more than $361.42 !
1st prize: Auberge des Appalaches
- One night stay for two people in a queen room at Auberge des Appalaches in Sutton (valid on weekdays)
- Full breakfast and 3 courses Table d’Hôte dinner. Menu designed by a Chef créateur (Creative chef)
- Applicable tax and gratuities are included with the meals.
This prize has an approximative value of $187.
2nd prize: Hôtel Chéribourg
- One night stay for two people in a pavillion room at Hôtel Chéribourg in Orford
- Breakfast and a 3-course Table d’Hôtel dinner. Menu designed by a Chef créateur (Creative chef)
- Access to indoor and outdoor installations
- Tax and gratuities are included.
This prize has an approximative value of $174.42.
5. The following conditions apply to the stay in question:
5.1. All charges exceeding the prize value shall be the responsibility of the gift certificate holder. Cancellation of the reservation, regardless of the reason, shall result in the automatic cancellation of the gift certificate. The reservation is subject to room availability. The number of rooms allocated to gift certificates is limited. Lack of room availability is, therefore, possible, regardless of whether or not the inn posts a no vacancy sign. No extensions shall be granted.
5.2. Mandatory reservation must be made prior to your stay directly with the participating establishment identified on the gift certificate. Complete contact information is provided directly on the gift certificate or on a document accompanying the gift certificate.
5.3. Under the conditions specified in the Contest rules, the gift certificate must be used before the expiry date indicated on each gift certificate, after which it shall no longer be valid. The expiry date is clearly marked on each document.
5.4. Upon arrival at the hotel, the winner must present the original copy of the gift certificate to the staff at the reception desk. Should the winner fail to produce the original, the innkeeper may refuse to honour the reservation, and as a result, the getaway. Under no circumstances shall the innkeeper accept a copy or other reproduction of the gift certificate.
6. The two random draws and winners selections will take place on March 6, 2017 at 10:00 a.m at the administrative office of Tourism Eastern Townships, 20 Don Bosco S., Sherbrooke Quebec, J1L 1W4. A winning ballot will be drawn from among the eligible ballots filled out on the Tourism Eastern Townships Web site by February 27, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. inclusively. The draw uses software specifically designed for electronic draws.
7. The odds of a participant’s entry being randomly drawn depend on the number of entries received in accordance with the above paragraph.
How to claim a prize
8. In order to be declared a winner, each selected potential winner must:
8.1. Have correctly answered the skill-testing question found on the registration form; and
8.2. Have been successfully contacted by Contest organizers within 72 hours following the random draw; and8.3. Respect the conditions and entry limits outlined in points 2 and 3.
9. Should a selected entrant fail to meet the conditions mentioned in the above paragraph or other condition in the Contest rules, the entrant shall be disqualified, and a new draw for this prize will take place according to the present rules until an entrant is selected and declared the winner.
10. The winner shall receive a gift certificate confirming the prize by mail and must contact the participating establishment directly to reserve the prize by mentioning the gift certificate.
11. Contest rules are available on the Web site of Eastern Townships Tourism at: www.easterntownships.org
12. Disabled individuals. Contest Organizers shall not be responsible for meeting the needs of disabled individuals or for offering specific services to disabled people. Contest Organizers cannot be held responsible for the inability of one of their suppliers, subcontractors, or employees to provide services such as wheelchair-accessible facilities.
13. Non-compliance/eligibility. Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any persons participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these rules or in a manner which is unfair to other entrants (e.g.: entries exceeding the limit allowed, computer hacking, etc.). Such persons may be reported to the appropriate judicial authorities.
14. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in full or in part for cash, subject to the section below.
15. Substitution of prize. In the event that, for reasons beyond the winner’s control, Contest Organizers are not able to award a prize (or part of a prize) as described in these present rules, the Contest Organizers shall award another prize (or part of another prize) of similar nature and equivalent value; no part will be replaced by cash.
16. Refusal of a prize. The refusal by a winner declared at random to accept a prize awarded in accordance with Contest rules releases and forever discharges Contest Organizers of all obligations related to this prize and that person.
17. Liability limit – running the Contest. Tourism Eastern Townships, its partners, their advertising and promotion agents, their employees, agents and representatives shall not be liable for faulty computer components, software, or links; the loss or non-existence of communications capability; or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that make it difficult, or render a user unable, to enter the Contest. Tourism Eastern Townships, its partners, their advertising and promotion agencies, their employees, agents and representatives shall also not be liable for any harm Contestants may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of downloading any Web page or software or transmitting any information related to entry in the Contest.
18. Modification. Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error, or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality, or the running of the Contest as provided in these rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, as needed. In all cases, Contest Organizers, their partners, their advertising and promotion agencies, their products and services suppliers linked to this Contest, and their employees, agents and representatives shall not be required to award more prizes than set out in these rules or to award prizes other than in compliance with these rules.
19. Liability limit – participation. Any person who participates or attempts to participate in this Contest releases Contest Organizers, their partners, their advertising and promotion agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for damages which he or she could suffer from participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
20. Authorization. By entering this Contest, each declared winner gives consent to Contest Organizers, their partners and representatives to use, at their sole discretion and if required, his or her name, testimonial related to the prize, place of residence without compensation whatsoever and that, without limit as for the period of use, in any media for publicity purposes or for any purpose that may be considered relevant.
21. Communication with entrants. No communication (other than while registering) or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in the context of this Contest, with the exception of selected entrants or the declared winner.
22. Decisions of the Contest Organizers. All decisions of the Contest Organizers or those of their representatives regarding this Contest shall be final and binding, subject to the decisions of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec with regard to any questions under its authority.
23. Dispute. Any dispute regarding the organization or the conduct of a promotional Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. A dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purposes of seeking and finding a solution.
24. Identification of the Contestant. For the purposes of these rules, the entrant is the person whose personal information is provided during registration through the Web site. It is to this person that the prize shall be awarded if he or she is selected and declared a winner.