Sample a myriad of local flavours prepared specially for you.
1) Trim skin off duck breast. Season to taste with salt, pepper and paprika.
2) Heat a large (10- to 12-inch) frying pan and add oil to coat. Cook duck breast to medium-rare. Remove from pan and reserve ona warm dish.
3) Add onion to pan and sauté until lightly browned. Add apple cubes and continue cooking until apples begin soften. Add cider and stir to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom to get browned bits to dissolve. Add a few tablespoons of maple syrup to taste -not too sweet- and continue heating until juices reduce and become viscous. Add jus or stock and bring back to a boil.
4) Blend cornstach with a little apple cider and stir slurry into the boiling sauce to thicken slithly. Stir in butter until melted.
5) Pour sauce over duck breasts and serve.
This recipe is presented by Hans Christiner, Chef créateur at l'Auberge du Joli Vent,
667, Bondville rd, Lac-Brome J0E 1R0
1 866 525-4272