The Eastern Townships has many maple forests, so it’s not surprising to find so many sugar shacks where you can enjoy a traditional meal and sugar on snow, spending time in nature, and savouring Quebec’s great maple syrup. When maple syrup producers begin gathering sap, this announces the end of winter and the arrival of spring. There are many places in the Eastern Townships where you can experience sugaring season.
- The Cabane du Pic Bois in Brigham is an authentic, rustic sugar camp. The pedestrian trail is surrounded by trees that are over three centuries old. This establishment won accolades from Chatelaine Magazine for making maple syrup the traditional way (March 2013 issue), but it also creates modern products such as a sweet-and-sour maple vinegar sought after by many chefs. Opening date: March, 2017.
- The Cabane a Sucre Mégantic offers homemade products and rents out snowshoes on-site to explore its trails. A traditional ambience with live entertainment. Reservations essential. Opening date: Mid-March 25, 2017.
- The Érablière Chic Rustique in Orford offers a magnificent view of Mount Orford. Come enjoy a sugaring buffet that revisits the classic sugaring in a rustic and intimate setting . Opening date: Februrary 25, 2017.
- The Érablière La Grillade in Saint-Alphonse-de-Granby offers a number of activities on tap that you can enjoy either before or after your buffet meal: an adventure trail, inflatable games, horse-drawn sleigh rides, etc. You can also visit the farmhouse and explore walking trails! Opening date: March, 2017.
- The Érablière du lac d’Argent combines the charm of yesteryear with a view of the lake. Satisfy your curiosity by taking a tour to see how maple syrup is made. Opening date: March, 2017.
- The Érablière et cabane à sucre Haut Bois Normand, a sugar camp in Eastman has atmosphere on the agenda with a singer onsite and carriage rides. There is also snow tubing during sugaring season, and dogs on a leash are permitted on the site. Opening date: March 4, 2017.
- Érablière Hilltop propose traditional meals highlighting local Quebec pork and other products from the region. Opening date: Feburary 25, 2017
- It’s always sugaring season at Érable à son meilleur in Lac-Drolet! You’re invited to taste maple-infused fruit wines and maple-based products. Visit the maple interpretation centre and walk the interpretative trails. This year, enjoy traditional sugar shack meals on site at Érablière Enfin! Opening date: March 4, 2017.
- Enjoy traditional sugar shack meals and sugar on snow at the Vignoble du Ruisseau. The dining room welcomes 160 people and they prepare more than 20 gluten free products made with maple syrup, available and sold on site.
- Opening date: March 1st, 2017
Mets traditionnels mettant le porc du Québec et les produits du terroir à l’honneur. - See more at: http://www.cantonsdelest.com/activity/2049/erabliere-hilltop#sthash.Wh3RbZfz
Other establishments offering traditional meals and maple tastings
- L’Érable au fil du temps, a living museum open year-round, offers a whole new experience of guided discoveries and sweet treats.
Take advantage of your visit to a sugar shack to enjoy an outdoor activity or visit the area and extend your stay in one of our inns, B&Bs, or hotels.