Sample a myriad of local flavours prepared specially for you.
1) Place chopped lemon balm in a large non-reactive bowl.
2) Combine all the ingredients in a blender, except the lemon balm.
3) Simmer the mixture in a covered saucepan over medium heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl over the lemon balm.
4) Cover with plastic wrap and let steep for 15 minutes.
5) Strain through a chinois and pour into a plastic container.
6) When cool, cover the purée with plastic wrap and freeze for 24 hours.
Steven Beyrouty - Auberge Georgeville 1889
The recipe is from the book: “Flavours of a region: Eastern Townships”, by Michèle Foreman. (2007)