Sample a myriad of local flavours prepared specially for you.
1) Combine spices and coat meat generously.
2) Heat olive oil and butter in an ovenproof skillet.
3) Sear meat on all sides. Place skillet in a preheated 200°C (400°F) oven and cook for 10 minutes.
4) Turn meat and cook for another 10 minutes.
5) Remove meat from skillet and let stand for 10 minutes. In the same skillet, reduce wine by half.
Strain. Reserve warm.
6) In a skillet, sweat onions and ginger in olive oil. Combine remaining ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until liquid has evaporated.
Steven Beyrouty - Auberge Georgeville 1889
The recipe is from the book: “Flavours of a region: Eastern Townships”, by Michèle Foreman. (2007)