Sample a myriad of local flavours prepared specially for you.
1) Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet.
2) Sear cubes of lamb on one side without turning.
3) Dredge with flour and turn immediately.
4) Colour the meat (do not cook) and remove.
5) Deglaze with a small amount of red wine and pour the liquid over the meat.
6) Add garlic and cardamom seeds.
7) Return meat to skillet and cover with remaining wine.
8) Simmer for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Meat should be tender but must not separate. Season.
Martine Satre - Le Temps des Cerises
The recipe is from the book: “Flavours of a region: Eastern Townships”, by Michèle Foreman. (2007)