Sample a myriad of local flavours prepared specially for you.
1) Pour water, blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice into a saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
2) Using an egg beater, beat eggs in a bowl until firm.
3) Add sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Spoon into a piping bag with a fluted socket.
4) Line a cookie sheet with non-stick paper and create 4 large meringue islands.
5) Sprinkle with almonds. Bake in a preheated 230°C (450°F) oven for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
Stephane Charpentier - Auberge West Brome
The recipe is from the book: “Flavours of a region: Eastern Townships”, by Michèle Foreman. (2007)