Sample a myriad of local flavours prepared specially for you.
For the Panna Cotta:
For the onions & mushrooms caviar:
For the glazed nuts:
Onions & mushrooms caviar:
1) Slice thinly onions & mushrooms
2) Saute onions in the butter until tender & golden yellow then add the mushrooms.
3) Deglaze with the white wine, reduce by half & add cream
4) Add salt & pepper to your own taste
5) Reduce to the maximum & reserve
1) Boil the maple syrup over a low heat (until it seems like clear caramel), add spices and nuts, melt well with a wood spoon, coat well the nuts with the sugar until they are crystallized.
2) Put on a sheet pan & dry in the oven for 10 min. at 300°F, go out from the oven and keep in a closed pot.
Panna Cotta :
1) Dissolve the gelatin in cold water.
2) Bring the wine to the boil & reduce by half. Cut the cheese in pieces.
3) Heat cream in a bain-marie, add white wine & cheeses, except blue cheese, melt in stirring.
4) Strain mixture to a sieve, add gelatin then melt & share the mix by half.
5) Blanch the spinach leaf with water.
6) In a part of cheese add spinach & blue cheese & stir until the blue cheese melt & rectify the seasoning.
7) Let set in a plate in successive layers, wait after each layer the mix goes solid.
Unmold the Panna Cotta.
Slice cubes of ¾” and reserve.
In a martini glass or other, put a table spoon of onion caviar then put on 5 cubes of panna cotta & finish with the glazed nuts (let at room temperature before to serve).
Can be served with croutons.
This menu has been prepared by Alain Ferraty, Executive Chef and Chef créateur
Manoir des Sables
90, avenue des Jardins, Orford J1X 6M6
819 847-4747 / 1 877 845-5344