Sample a myriad of local flavours prepared specially for you.
1) Peel squash, remove seeds, and dice coarsely.
2) In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and add
leek and onion.
3) Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and sugar.
4) Cover and steam for a few minutes.
5) Add squash and moisten with stock. Bring to a boil.
6) Add rice, then cover and simmer for approximately
7) Purée in a blender, then strain through a chinois. Add
cream and season.
8) Lightly toast slices of bread in the oven.
9) Remove, add a piece of cheese on top, drizzle with olive oil, and return
to a very hot oven for a few seconds
Stéphane Charpentier - Auberge West Brome
The recipe is from the book: “Flavours of a region: Eastern Townships”, by Michèle Foreman. (2007)