Here are some restaurants and businesses offering home deliveries and/or take-out dishes and products.
The Municipality of the Township of Newport was founded in 1801. In spite of strong opposition, it merged with Cookshire-Eaton on January 1, 2003 but regained its autonomy on January 1, 2006. However, the Quebec department of municipal affairs and regions categorically refused to allow it to use the term “township” in its name so it became the Municipality of Newport. The sectors that make up the municipality include Island Brook, Lawrence, Randboro and Saint-Mathias-de-Bonneterre. St. Lawrence Anglican Church, built in 1940, reminds us of the colonial period. Residents mainly work in agriculture and forestry, with some working in neighbouring villages. It’s worth noting that the municipality of Newport is the region’s last and only municipality to have preserved its original surface area of 10 miles by 10 miles.